- Creating a new account could create duplicates
- Auto update fixes to help improve issues some users were encountering
- DB optimizations to improve search and load speed
- Gracefully handle no task rows or profile
Users can now rename folders within the desktop app in both cloud and local. When you rename a folder in the desktop app (in local), it will also be renamed on your local machine.
You can also rename folders within your local machine and if those folders have been added to mudstack local, said changes will be reflected in the desktop app.
Upload Improvements 🆙
When uploading, we have improvements to our ability, speed, and capability to handle larger upload counts. Whenever a specific file fails to upload, you will be alerted in the view.
To retry an upload, click the arrow in the upload component and get a list of all uploaded, in flight, and any errors. In the top right of that page, you can click "Retry Failures" to retry and files that failed to upload.
Users can now rename files within the desktop app in both cloud and local. When you rename a file in the desktop app (in local), it will also be renamed on your local machine.
You can also rename files within your local machine and if those files have been added to mudstack local, the changes will be reflected in the desktop app.
- During internal testing in the cloud, we've discovered a delay in timing in terms of renaming folders that are 5 GB or more (in cloud) when you're attempting to rename a folder. For larger folders such as these, please be patient. If you do not see your folder update after 20 seconds or so, please refresh (in the web client) or reload (view-reload) in the desktop to see the renamed folder. This is nota problem in mudstack local.
- Drag and Drop upload is temporarily removed until post sync. The upload improvements increase stability and upload speed, and allows for retries.
- Local to cloud upload will have the new upload component as well, but doesn't have it for this release.
- Long file names ellipses in right sidebar moved preview file button off screen
- Language updates for asset status to state file status in all instances
- Tag container matches the window height
- Library sort dropdown remove shortcut keys
- Overflow in right sidebar is now scrollable
- Create a workspace button on body of page is functioning
- Additional error catching for code viewer
- Cannot delete workspace as account owner and creator of the workspace in workspace/details page
- When unchecking manage art, receive a negative number on advanced users.
- Filter list results are now scrollable
- After Adding Someone To A Workspace In Studio, Cannot Give Them Advance Permissions
- making subfolders from your local machine are now visible within mudstack local
🆕 What's new?
Tasks are now live in mudstack! We got a few requests from smaller teams to have some level of task support in our app, and larger teams were looking to integrate their task management apps with mudstack. This is our first step towards supporting the integration needs for larger teams.
✅ What's in tasks?
Dashboard gets a new tab for tasks. You'll be able to see any tasks assigned to you, and change status directly from the dashboard.
Create a task from an asset in the new asset details tab. You'll receive your assigned tasks and all other open tasks related to that asset.
🐛 Bug hunting
- Folders had some inconsistencies uploading to cloud from a local directory
👉 What is up next?
- The team is full steam ahead on sync + a major improvement to our upload processes!
We had a few people asking for asset stubs, or blank assets, so you can create tasks on assets that don't exist yet. I've made a feature request here for anyone else that wants to upvote or drop their opinion on it.
Reviewer and review assignee scrolling is in to support larger teams.
Thanks to a request from one of our customers, we have added shaded wireframe mode to our viewer. It should help with reviewing more dense geo on models compared to our wireframe mode
Also made a small AO fix in the shaded view
- Canvas for 3d files would only fill a portion of the window
In this update users shouldn't see any changes to the app. We are publishing some baseline updates for sync in the background.
🐞 Bug Fix
- Owners can set another member as owner properly
What can be done with the Slack integration?
Certain events within a workspace mudstack will now generate messages in a slack workspace and channel of your choosing
- Add file
- Add file version
- Create Folder
- Create library
- Create tag
- Add Change Request
- Approval comment
- Add reviewer
- Make comment
How do I set it up?
- Create an app for your slack workspace (go here to get started)
- Set where the integration sends messages to by selecting a channel. You will need a slack workspace admin for this.
- Send us the webhook url of the bot (click Copybutton belowWebhook URL) you can DM Josef on discord or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What other integrations are y'all doing?
We will look at other requests for integrations after sync is done, so please upvote or create a new requests for 'em over here We'd love to hear how your team works and how we can fit integrations into your workflow!
File status is now live for mudstack!
What is file status?
- Files now have a progress indicator
- Show files sorted by status [Backlog,In progress,In review,Done] in grid/list view.
- You can also filter by status in any view, just like you can filter by other file metadata like tags, file type etc.
- Producers can help move files through the flow by quickly updating status
What is next?
We are at the finishing stages of our first integration with slack. If y'all have any other request for integrations, upvote or create a new request over here
We are still chugging along the sync train, and should have some fun things to show towards the end of the month.
- Dashboard now available for your account
- Figure out what you need to do for the day
- Get notifications on assets of your subscribed files
What does this enable?
We heard that it was important for artists and art leads to have a clear view into what their outstanding tasks are. While notifications helped in this, the new dashboard gives a combined view to answer these questions.
We will be adding more to the dashboard based on our own roadmap and user feedback.
See your change requests and notifications in one place
For art leads
See your review requests and notifications in one place.
- code files weren't rendering properly
- accounts can switch owners again
For dashboard, we will be asking for some requests on what you want there. We do know a few tings we want to add
- Tasks (assigned to you)
- Recent and/or pinned files (so you can keep working on things you recently saved
Feel free to shout your ideas out on the discord #ideas-and-feedback area
Oh, we also have
file statuscoming up right after this release
🏎️ What’s new
Annotations allow users to draw or type on anything on your screen when using Mudstack. This includes being able to make annotations in other applications while you're using mudstack.
To begin an annotation, go to a file's file detail page. Then go to the review section and click the pencil tool. The annotation menu will now appear.
Cycle between colors and select the pencil tool to draw and the text tool to type. Actions can also be undone and redone while you're making annotations.
Once an annotation is submitted, it's added as a comment that will be attached to the file.
This annotated file can be downloaded after it has been created.
📝 Known Issues
- Eraser tool does not have its own cursor. It will retain whichever annotation tool cursor (either drawing tool or writing tool) that you used last before you selected the eraser tool.
- Eraser tool’s current scale is a little small- Currently, the amount of space the eraser tool covers isn’t as big as you’d probably like it to be, and it may take a little longer than is expected to erase any annotations. This will be improved in the future.
- When an annotation is created, the file name will default to annotated-review.png. In the future, the name of the annotation will be filename_annotation_#.
- Excessive use (aka filling the canvas up with dozens of annotations- either written or typed) could cause the canvas to shift around and text annotations to disappear. It’s hard to replicate this due to the sheer amount of annotations you need to make to incite this bug, but we discovered this during stress testing and figured we’d mention it here.
- For Mac users- When attempting to submit your first annotation, your Mac will ask you to give Mudstack permission to observe your screen. Follow the onscreen prompts to do so. Your app will then restart. We recommend taking care of this beforehand so you don’t lose any work by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen so that you can make annotations right off the bat.
- We will add a visual indicator to indicate which screens are being observed. There are currently no visual indicators at this time which may make it hard for those that use multiple monitors.
- Annotation tool bar is only draggable when clicking on the mudstack logo. We will improve this so that if you left click and hold on the toolbar (and you’re not selecting anything), then you should be able to drag the annotation menu where you want to.
👉 What's next?
Team is hard at work on sync, but we should have a few other QoL fixes (a dashboard or file status perhaps?) requested by the community